“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Tim Hogue, 817/319-2574 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheila Steiner, 510-0485, email@example.com
John Parker, 391-8553, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Stringer, 421-0934, email@example.com
“Forgive Each Other”
September 17, 2017
Prelude Sheila Steiner
Welcome & Call to Worship Priest Shannon Stringer
*Hymn of Invitation “Help Us Accept Each Other” CCS 333
*Invocation Elder Helen Carty
*Response Sheila Steiner
Lighting of the Peace Candle
& Prayer for Peace Elder John Sebastian
Heritage Text Priest Shannon Stringer
Hymn of Heritage “We Thank You O God for our Prophets” CCS 180
Disciples’ Generous Response Mitchell Stringer
Blessing & Receiving of Offerings
Message High Priest Tim Hogue
*Hymn of Forgiveness “God is a Wonder to My Soul” CCS 216
*Benediction Kevin Day
*Response Sheila Steiner
*Postlude Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Rick Griffin
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Wednesday, September 20
6:30p.m. Football Family Night
2. Next Sunday, September 24
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Adult Sunday school classes
10:50 – 11:00 a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “God’s Generosity”
Presiding: Sheila Steiner
Speaking: Stancil Wilson
Deacon in Charge: Jeremey Wilson
Accompanist: Anne Rose
3. Sunday, October 1
9:30 a.m. Everyone gather in the Fellowship room to meet & greet.
9:45 – 10:35 a.m. Congregation prayer meeting in the Fellowship room.
Presiding: David Gross, Jr.
10:50 – 11:00 a.m. Announcements
11:00 – Noon Worship Service: “Be Receptive to God’s Will”
Presiding: George Farnell
Speaking: Lori Phinney
Deacon in Charge: Mary Oaks
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
1. “Football Family Night” Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 6:30pm. Come dressed in your favorite team colors. Get together and dress a table in team colors and other decorations. If you have a football “story” come and share it. Show your team spirit and come and have some FUN!
2. The Women’s Department will host a wedding shower for Crosby Saxon (Gail Peavy’s granddaughter) on Sunday, September 24th at 3:00 pm. Crosby is registered at Bed Bath & Beyond. We hope all the ladies can attend!
CHURCH CLEANING SCHEDULE
Week Cleaning Crew
Sept 17 – Sept 23 Al Louis Starr, Le Scott, Billy Oaks, Stancil Wilson
Sept 24 – Sept 30 Tim & Debbie Lynn, Anne & Roger Rose
Oct 1 – Oct 7 Annie Mae & Charles Presley, Doris & Donnie Startz
Oct 8 – Oct 14 Michele, Rick, Ricky & Matthew Griffin
RETREATS, CAMPS, REUNIONS, SPECIAL EVENTS
1. Bluff Springs Schedule
November: 3-5 Women’s Retreat
1. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
2. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
3. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. For all activities, please turn cell phones off or to vibrate-only. Thanks!
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
REGULARLY SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES
a. 1st Sunday of each month:
9:30 a.m. Everyone gather in the Ladies’ Parlor to meet & greet.
9:45–10:35 Congregation prayer meeting in the Ladies Parlor.
11:00–Noon Main worship service in the sanctuary. Service includes the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper (Communion).
b. Other Sundays each month:
9:30 a.m.– Everyone gather in fellowship room to meet & greet.
9:45 – 10:35 Adult Sunday school class (no children’s classes through the summer. They will resume Aug. 20)
10:50 – 11:00, Announcements
11:00 – Noon, Main worship service in the sanctuary.
2. TUESDAY (August through May only)
6:00 – 7:00 p.m., Cub Scout Pack 12 meets in the ROC.
7:00 – 8:30 p.m., Boy Scout Troop 12 meets in the ROC.
3. WEDNESDAY (3rd Wednesday of each month September–May only)
6:30 – 8:00 p.m., “Family Night” in the ROC—a relaxed evening of food, fellowship and fun.
4. THURSDAY (2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month Sept–June only)
6:30 p.m., Bible Study Group at Sonny & Jean Goff’s home.
a. 3rd Saturday of each month (sometimes 4th Sat.):
8:00 a.m. – Noon, Food Pantry Food Distribution day in the ROC
Oct 21 Nov 18 Dec 16
b. 3rd Saturday of each month (August-May only):
Noon – 3:00 p.m. in the ROC (immediately following Food Pantry Distribution), “Solid Rock,” Middle School/Senior High youth get-together (includes lunch!).
Seniors luncheons (age 50 or so +) — watch for dates/times/places in the “What’s Coming Up” part of the bulletin.
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Don Booker (cousin of Jerri McManus, back problems and mostly bed ridden)
Charlene Booker (Don’s wife, upcoming shoulder surgery)
Shirley Daniels (cousin of Jerri McManus, blood clots in leg)
Lyn Baldwin (niece of Jerri McManus, kidney stones and kidney infection)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
Kathryn Baldwin (sister of Jerri McManus, had a slight stroke Wednesday)
Brenda Daugherty’s daughter, Caroline, and son-in-law, Ryan (had to evacuate due to flooding in Houston area)
Dorothy Overstreet family
Bobbie Bailey (friend of Shiree Humphreys, lost son Caleb in auto accident)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 2017)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com