“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
January 14, 2018
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Welcome and Call to Worship Elder Jerolyn McManus
*Hymn “Jesus is Calling” CCS 578
*Invocation Evangelist Larry Steiner
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Disciples’ Generous Response Priest John Parker
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Hymn “Make Me A Servant” CCS 597
Morning Message Elder Joe Bracewell
Meditative Music Elder Sheila Steiner
*Hymn “Make Us, O God, a Church That Shares” CCS 657
*Pastoral Prayer and Sending Forth Pastor Wayne Gibson
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Mary Oaks
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. Today, Sunday, January 14
2:00p.m. Priesthood Meeting
2. This Wednesday, January 17
6:00p.m. Family Night in the ROC
3. This Saturday, January 20
8:00 a.m. – Noon Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
4. Next Sunday, January 21
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school (classes according to age group)
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Follow Me”
Presider: Tim Lynn
Speaking: Wayne Gibson
Deacon in Charge: Rick Griffin
Accompanist: Anne Rose
2:00 pm. Business Meeting for Budget 2018
1. ATTENTION: First Priesthood Meeting for ALL Priesthood will be TODAY at 2:00pm. Please make plans to attend. Very important.
2. Family Night will be THIS Wednesday, Jan. 17 6:00 – 7:30pm. Come sing or listen to “Ole Time” gospel songs. Enjoy food, fellowship and good music. Home-made chili will be served.
3. Congregation Budget Business meeting will be Sunday, Jan 21 at 2:00pm. Important issues to be presented so please make plans to be present.
4. Anyone currently receiving the Herald who wishes to discontinue their subscription OR anyone not receiving the Herald who wants a subscription, please contact John Parker or Pastor Wayne Gibson.
5. CALLING all former choir members and anyone who just loves to sing, come join us Sunday Jan.21 9:30-10:30am for choir practice. We will be singing for the Feb. communion. There will also be practice Jan. 28th 9:30-10:30am.
CHURCH CLEANING SCHEDULE
Week Cleaning Crew
Jan 14 – Jan 20 Wayne & Martee Gibson, Jonette Miller, Tim Hogue
Jan 21 – Jan 27 Lib & Dick Barbour, JoAnn & Zackie Meadows
Jan 28 – Feb 3 Louise & John Sebastian, Ken & Angie Pruna
Feb 4 – Feb 10 Jean & George Goff, Ed & Jennifer Fleming
1. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
2. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
3. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. For all activities, please turn cell phones off or to vibrate-only. Thanks!
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Lori Johnson (friend of Stancil Wilson)
Loretta Yokum and family (Rochelle Pitts’ grandmother whose husband passed away)
Joyce Taylor (neighbor of Gail Peavy)
Vic Peavy (nephew of Charles Peavy, heart problems)
Christy Dunn (friend of Shiree Humphreys, pneumonia)
The family of Linda Wertz
The family of David Gazzier (passed away December 4th)
Margie Hamilton (friend of Jeri McManus, breast cancer)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 79)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com