“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
“Jesus the Teacher”
January 28, 2018
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Gathering Hymn “Praise to the Lord” CCS 101
Welcome and Call to Worship Elder George Goff
“For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world. Come to me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show you greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief. Come to me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest to you how great things the Father hath laid up for you from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come to you because of unbelief. Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which causes you to remain in your awful state of wickedness and hardness of heart and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world will be revealed to you. When ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made to your fathers, O house of Israel.” Ether 1:08-112
*Hymn of Petition “Lord, You Have Brought Us” CCS 76
*Invocation Marvin Madden
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Disciples’ Generous Response Priest Joyce Young
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Lighting of Peace Candle & Prayer for Peace Priest Shannon Stringer
Hymn of Wonder “Who is This Jesus” CCS 38
Setting Apart of Elder Wayne Gibson as Pastor for the Mobile Congregation for 2018 by
Bishop Stancil Wilson and Evangelist George Farnell
Morning Message “What Matters Most?” Evangelist George Farnell
*Hymn of Commitment “Hark! The Voice of Jesus Calling” CCS 592
*Closing Prayer Priest Zackie Meadows
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Donnie Startz
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Saturday, February 4
11:30 a.m. Women’s dutch treat luncheon at O’Charley’s, Schillinger Rd.
2. Next Sunday, February 4
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school (classes according to age group)
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Compassionate Ministry”
Presider: John Sebastian
Speaking: Tim Hogue
Deacon in Charge: Mary Oaks
Accompanist: Anne Rose
3. Thursday, February 8
6:30 p.m. Bible Study Group at Sonny & Jean Goff’s home.
4. Saturday, February 17
8:00 a.m. – Noon Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
5:00 p.m. Loves of Our Life – Songs and Desserts gathering.
1. Women’s Meeting at O’Charley’s on Schillinger Rd at 11:30am on Saturday Feb. 3rd. Dutch treat luncheon. Make your plans to attend.
2. Anyone currently receiving the Herald who wishes to discontinue their subscription OR anyone not receiving the Herald who wants a subscription, please contact John Parker or Pastor Wayne Gibson.
3. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
4. The Loves of Our Life – Songs and Desserts! Saturday, Feb. 17th at 5:00 pm. Contact Larry or Sheila with questions.
1. Love Songs in the Sanctuary – We will have lots of solos and groups singing love songs we love!
2. Desserts in the Fellowship Hall – We are asking you to bring a dessert that has something to do with love!
1. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
2. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
3. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at email@example.com.
4. For all activities, please turn cell phones off or to vibrate-only. Thanks!
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Patrick Kaufman and family (39-yr old friend of George Farnell, Melanoma stage 4)
Tommy Richardson (neighbor of Ed Fleming, dealing with effects of a stroke)
Lori Johnson (friend of Stancil Wilson)
Loretta Yokum and family (Rochelle Pitts’ grandmother whose husband passed away)
Joyce Taylor (neighbor of Gail Peavy)
Vic Peavy (nephew of Charles Peavy, heart problems)
Christy Dunn (friend of Shiree Humphreys, pneumonia)
The family of Linda Wertz
The family of David Gazzier (passed away December 4th)
Margie Hamilton (friend of Jeri McManus, breast cancer)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 79)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org