“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“All Have Worth”
September 9, 2018
Today our service has been planned by our worship team. It is our desire that at the conclusion of this service our congregation will want to be a “Ragman” for Jesus because “It’s About Time.”
We ask that you leave the sanctuary quietly by the side door, as much as possible.
In the hall there will be two containers, one for your regular offering envelopes and the other for your “Pennies for Patriots”. We will be collecting pennies starting today and continuing through December. The pennies will then be taken to Fox10 for participation in their 10 Caring Gifts and donated to Volunteers of America for our veterans. Thank you in advance.
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Jeremy Wilson
WHAT’S COMING UP
Noon Birthday celebration in Fellowship Room
2. This Thursday, June 14
6:30 p.m. Bible Study Group at Sonny & Jean Goff’s home.
3. This Saturday, September 15
8:00 – 11a.m. Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
4. This Saturday, September 15
6:00 – 8:30p.m. SOLID ROC in the ROC
5. Next Sunday, September 16
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Take Up Your Cross”
Presider: Helen Carty
Speaking: Peggy Clements
Deacon in Charge: John Day
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
1. Everyone is invited to celebrate the birthdays of Jack Vickrey (91) and Lemoyne Scott (90). We will meet in the Fellowship Room TODAY following the 11:00 service for cake, ice cream and fun and then go out to eat lunch together (“we will eat dessert first”)
2. We will be collecting everyone’s pennies starting at our worship service TODAY. We will collect pennies each Sunday until December to be donated to our veterans of Mobile for Christmas.
3. Our prayers are for the family of Lois Rose who passed away last weekend. Arrangements are incomplete at this time.
4. Food Pantry NEXT Saturday 8:00 – 11:00am. We need your help.
5. SOLID ROCK starts back up this Saturday, September 15 6:00 – 8:30pm. All youth in middle and high school are invited to come and bring your friends.
6. Study course at Sonny & Jean Goff’s will start back again this month on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 6:30pm. Everyone is invited.
7. Please inform Pastor Wayne Gibson if you would like to attend World Conference next year as a delegate from our Mission Center. Names will be submitted to Mission Center President Shawn Ward prior to the Mission Center Conference on October 14.
8. Important Dates:
Oct 13-14 Mission Center Conference in Escatawpa
9. The choir will start back Sunday September 23rd and 30th from 9:30 – 10:30am.
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at email@example.com.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
The family of Carol Barlow
Anne and Roger Rose and family after the death or Roger’s mother, Lois Rose
Sharon Clark (Mullaney Wilson’s mother, neck surgery)
Patrick Kauffman (friend of George Farnell, stage 4 melanoma)
Betty Saxon (Angie Peavy Saxon’s mother-in-law, fell and broke her wrist)
Sue Colman Reed (class mate of Gail Peavy going to have her 3rd back surgery)
Barbara Ramsey Cockrell (class mate of Gail Peavy fell off 6’ ladder and might have to have back surgery)
Shirley Westbrook (tumor in left leg)
The Family of Joe Crawford (Lori Phinney’s father who passed away)
Trey & Monica Ezell (daughter & son-in-law of Judy Lindsey)
Jim Crone (friend of Joe Bracewell and Steve Wilson who has cancer)
Natalie (Donnie Startz’ niece, in critical condition after a car accident)
Lib Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org