“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastors: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org and
Sheila Steiner, 251/639-9008(home), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
“Led By A Star”
January 12, 2020
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Ann Jernigan
Welcome Elder Jerolyn McManus
Call to Worship Elder Sheila Steiner
Elder Wayne Gibson
*Gathering Hymns “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name” HS 70
“Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” HS 31
*Prayer of Invocation Evangelist Glenn Barlow
*Response Ann Jernigan
Song of Peace “Put Peace into Each Other’s Hands” CCS 309
Prayer for Peace Beth Johnston
Disciples Generous Response
Hymn of Generosity “Take My Life, That I May Be” CCS 610
Receiving of Offerings
Blessing of Offerings Stanley Barlow
Charge to Congregation Co-Pastors Elder Sheila Steiner
Elder Wayne Gibson
*Closing Hymn “Take My Life and Let It Be” CCS 608
*Closing Prayer Steve Wilson
*Postlude Ann Jernigan
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Jeremy Wilson
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Wednesday, January 15
10:00am Seniors Meeting
2. This Saturday, January 18
6:00-8:00pm Solid Rock in the ROC
3 Next Sunday, January 19
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:30am Sunday School
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00a.m. Worship Service: “A Light to the Nations”
Presider: Jean Goff
Speaking: Larry Steiner
Deacon in Charge: Wesley McPherson
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
1. The Seniors will begin meeting again on the 3rd Wednesday of the month starting THIS WEDNESDAY, January 15th at 10am. Come and enjoy the fellowship.
2. Solid Rock Youth Activity for Middle School and High School ages! It’ll be this coming Saturday, January 18, 6:00-8:00 pm in the ROC. There will be food, fun, learning and sharing. This is the first one of the new year. We’ll have one on the third Saturday of each month (except June-August).
3. There will be a Valentine’s “Mystery Dinner” on Feb. 8 at 5:00pm in our fellowship room. Surprise entertainment and lots of fun. Make your plans now not to miss this event.
4. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of Romans study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
5. Important Dates:
Jan 26 Budget Meeting
Feb 8 Valentine Banquet
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Kelly McNeil (daughter of classmate of Gail Peavy)
Jan Hartman (friend of Sonny & Jean Goff)
Edgar Startz (Donnie Startz father)
Cameron Wilkenshoff (John Parker’s great nephew)
Albert McManus III
Esther Dockens, Gulf Coast Rehab Rm 123, Grelot Road
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Jack and Marsha Vickrey
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
Birthdays Jan 12 – Jan 18
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.