“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastors: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org and
Sheila Steiner, 251/423-7470(cell), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
David Gross, Jr. 251-377-6728
“A Light to the Nations”
January 19, 2020
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Welcome Elder Jean Goff
Call to Worship “Come, Holy Spirit, Come” CCS 154
Sing two times
*Praise Hymn “Great and Marvelous Are Thy Works” CCS 118
*Prayer of Invocation Elder John Sebastian
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Prayer for Peace Elder Cathy Williams
Disciples Generous Response Elder Jean Goff
Blessing and Receiving Local and World Wide Mission Tithes
Ministry of Music Evangelist George Farnell
Message “LET’S TRY!!!” Evangelist Larry Steiner
*Closing Hymn “O, My People, Saith the Spirit” CCS 604
*Closing Prayer Elder George Goff, Jr.
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Wesley McPherson
WHAT’S COMING UP
3 Next Sunday, January 26
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:30am Sunday School
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00a.m. Worship Service: “Face the Darkness”
Presider: Sheila Steiner
Speaking: Jimmie Clark
Deacon in Charge: Ron Williams
Accompanist: Ann Jernigan
2:30p.m. Budget Meeting
1. Congregational Business Meeting NEXT Sunday, Jan 26 at 2:30pm. Agenda will be to approve the 2020 budget, sustain counselors and sustain approved officers.
2. The Seniors will meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10am. The next meeting will be February 12th.
3. There will be a Valentine’s “Mystery Dinner” on Feb. 8 at 5:00pm in our fellowship room. Surprise entertainment and lots of fun. Make your plans now not to miss this event.
4. New address for Frances and Jim Bowers:
2291 Vicksburg Lane Foley, AL 36535
5. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of Romans study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
6. Important Dates:
Jan 26 Budget Meeting 2:30pm
Feb 8 Valentine Banquet
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Gloria Anderson (John Day’s sister)
Kelly McNeil (daughter of classmate of Gail Peavy)
Jan Hartman (friend of Sonny & Jean Goff)
Edgar Startz (Donnie Startz father)
Cameron Wilkenshoff (John Parker’s great nephew)
Albert McManus III
Esther Dockens, Gulf Coast Rehab Rm 123, Grelot Road
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Jack and Marsha Vickrey
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
Birthdays Jan 18 – Jan 25
Verona Gazzier, Mary Oaks, Debbie Wilson
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.