“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastors: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org and
Sheila Steiner, 251/423-7470(cell), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
David Gross, Jr. 251-377-6728
“Listen for the Holy Spirit”
January 26, 2020
Announcements Elder Wayne Gibson
Prelude Ann Jernigan
Welcome Elder Sheila Steiner
Call to Worship: I Corinthians 2: 9-10, 12
But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
*Hymn “Rejoice Ye Saints of Latter Days” HS 36
*Invocation Phyllis Wilson
*Response Ann Jernigan
Lighting of Peace Candle & Song of Peace
“I’ve Got Peace Like A River” see insert
Disciples Generous Response Bishop Stancil Wilson
Blessing and Receiving Local and World Wide Mission Tithes
Message “Listen for the Holy Spirit” Elder Jimmie Clark
*Hymn “He Leadeth Me” HS 123
*Benediction Priest William Oaks
*Postlude Ann Jernigan
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Ron Williams
WHAT’S COMING UP
2:30p.m. Budget Meeting
2 Next Sunday, February 2
9:30a.m. Congregation prayer service.
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00a.m. Worship Service: “What Does the Lord Require?”
Presider: Joe Bracewell
Speaking: John Sebastian
Deacon in Charge: Wesley McPherson
Accompanist: Ann Jernigan
1. Congregational Business Meeting TODAY at 2:30pm. Agenda will be to approve the 2020 budget, sustain counselors and sustain approved officers.
2. “INVITE PEOPLE TO CHRIST!” FOCUS
As announced last Sunday, a major focus of our congregation in 2020 is the “First Mission Initiative” – “Invite People to Christ!” – with Evangelist Larry Steiner leading.
Everyone is invited to join in this critical commitment. As Larry said in his message:
“Let us join together – in humility and unity – to discover how God is calling us to “Invite People to Christ!” in our congregation in our new world.” Information will be coming soon.
3. Everyone is invited to share in the celebration of Joy Livaudais Haas’ 80th birthday next Saturday, Feb. 1, 2:00-4:00pm at the Escatawpa Community of Christ.
4. Men’s Retreat at Bluff Springs Campground will be Feb 28-Mar 1. Cost is $90 for men 18+ years and $30 ages 13-17. See Pastor Wayne for registration form. Questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Senior Pictures are available. See Pastor Wayne.
6. The Seniors will meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10am. The next meeting will be February 12th.
7. The Women’s group will meet on Wednesday, February 19 at 10:00am at the church.
8. There will be a Valentine’s “Mystery Dinner” on Feb. 8 at 5:00pm in our fellowship room. Surprise entertainment and lots of fun. Make your plans now not to miss this event.
9. New address for Frances and Jim Bowers:
2291 Vicksburg Lane Foley, AL 36535
10. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of Romans study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
11. Important Dates:
TODAY Budget Meeting 2:30pm
Feb 8 Valentine Banquet
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at email@example.com.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Don Booker (Jeri McManus’ cousin)
Gloria Anderson (John Day’s sister)
Kelly McNeil (daughter of classmate of Gail Peavy)
Jan Hartman (friend of Sonny & Jean Goff)
Edgar Startz (Donnie Startz father)
Cameron Wilkenshoff (John Parker’s great nephew)
Albert McManus III
Esther Dockens, Gulf Coast Rehab Rm 123, Grelot Road
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Jack and Marsha Vickrey
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthdays Jan 26 – Feb 1
Sheila Steiner (today)
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.